Cosmetic bonding is a restorative procedure where the dentist applies a composite resinous material on your teeth and shapes it accordingly. It is used to remove surface imperfections, restore chipped, misshapen, or cracked teeth, fill cavities, cover occlusal groves, and other cosmetic procedures.
What are the benefits of composite bonding?
- The procedure is quick and straightforward. It can be completed in a single visit to the dentist’s practice.
- It is absolutely painless. In case you have tartar deposits on your teeth, the dentist will remove them by scaling, which doesn’t induce pain.
- The process is inexpensive in comparison to other restorations, such as veneers or crowns.
- Composite bonding is highly effective.
- The resin used to apply on your teeth can be customized to match the exact color and texture of the natural enamel. Also, it can be polished to enhance its luster.
- The resin we use for bonding is highly durable. Even after several years, it will remain as good as new, provided you do not bite hard objects, tear open plastic bags, or open bottle caps with your teeth.
How is the procedure carried out?
When you visit our dental practice for a consultation, we will conduct a comprehensive diagnosis of the teeth and your entire oral condition. The tooth receiving the treatment will be prepared by cleaning it thoroughly and removing any tartar deposits adhered to it. Also, an etching solution will be applied to the tooth so that its surface will be roughened. This allows the resin to adhere well to it. The dentist will prepare the resin by matching it with the color of the enamel. It will be applied to the teeth and shaped according to the contour. A curing light is used to harden it, after which it will be polished.
To have a consultation with our dentist, Dr. Pyle, please schedule an online appointment or call us at (765) 288-6121, and we will be happy to help.