Suffer From Sleep Apnea? 4 Reasons to See Your Dentist
Statistics reveal that sleep apnea affects some 20 million American adults and their families. What should you know about this condition? Why should you visit your dentist if you suffer from sleep apnea? Read on to find out more.
Getting the Facts on Sleep Apnea in Muncie
Sleep apnea is a disorder in which your breathing repeatedly stops and starts while you are sleeping. Of course, sleep apnea and snoring are more than simply a nuisance that affects you at bedtime. The condition hinders your ability to breathe adequately and freely while sleeping, leading to typical side-effects that include:
- Loud snoring.
- Excessive daytime sleepiness
- Dry mouth.
- Morning headaches
Sleep apnea is a serious medical condition and can detrimentally affect your overall health. Studies have linked sleep apnea with the likelihood of developing health issues including high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, and heart disease.
Modern Treatment Options
As opposed to prescribing a cumbersome CPAP machine with mask, our high-tech sleep apnea treatment utilizes mouthguards or mandibular advancement devices.
These are expertly created to position your jaw for optimum air intake, and can help reduce or completely eliminate your snoring. How does this treatment method prove superior?
- Mobile—In comparison to other sleep apnea apparatuses, our sleep apnea mouthguards are small and compact, making them easy to bring with you when travelling and sleeping away from home.
- Comfortable—No annoying limitations associated with other sleep apnea treatment options. Our uniquely crafted mandibular advancement devices permit you to sleep in any position that your body finds comfortable.
- Relaxing—Just climb into bed and enjoy getting some quality shut-eye. You can experience great relief and peace of mind by knowing that you’re no longer irritating your loved one with your endless snoring. They too will be thrilled to sleep next to you and still enjoy a good nights’ rest.
- Healthy—An open airway increases your ability to sleep through the night. By getting the vital, restorative sleep that your brain and body needs, you can experience a boost in the quality of your life—mentally, physically, and socially.
Don’t just imagine what a night free from the complications of sleep apnea would be like. Discover it first hand by contacting our elite dental office today! The only regret you’ll have is that you didn’t pursue our high-tech, sleep apnea treatment in Muncie options earlier.
Do you think it’s worse to be the one who snores, or the one who has to listen to someone else?