Improper alignment of the temporomandibular joint, or TMJ, can cause a slew of painful symptoms, known as TMD. Proper alignment of this joint found in the jaw is crucial for eating, speaking, chewing and living in comfort. Thankfully, treatment for TMJ in Muncie is one of the many dental services Dr. Pyle offers here at University Avenue Dental.
Sufferers of TMD may experience:
- Jaw pain or tenderness
- Migraine headaches
- Ringing in the ears
- Teeth grinding and clenching
- Muscle discomforts in the neck or shoulders
- Tingling in the fingertips
As a skilled Muncie TMJ dentist, Dr. Pyle puts a neuromuscular focus on treatment of TMD. This type of treatment ensures that your jaw and bite are working together to function properly. It also determines that proper contact and pressure are being distributed evenly along the teeth. Once we establish your bite and jaw function are in a sound state, we’ll continue with any restorative dental work needed to enhance your TMJ treatment. You’ll be smiling a healthy, pain-free smile for a lifetime.
Collaborating our extensive TMJ training with advanced computerized diagnostic tools gives Dr. Pyle and our team a leading advantage in treatment of TMD. Cutting-edge tools allow us to treat the root cause of your symptoms, rather than simply alleviating them. In our office, we’re proud to have the ability to implement the following tools depending on your specific Muncie TMJ needs:
- Joint Vibration Analysis tracks the vibrations of the joint tissues during movement to determine what issues are present.
- Jaw Tracker tracks jaw movement three dimensionally to pinpoint the area of dysfunction.
- T-Scan measures occlusion, or bite, pressure.
- TMJ Guards a non-invasive splint that helps relieve pain and damaging TMD behaviors, as well as repair misaligned bite over time.
Providing a long-term solution is the goal of TMJ treatment by Muncie dentist, Dr. Pyle. If you are suffering from the debilitating symptoms of TMD, we encourage you to visit us at University Avenue Dental. Contact our dentist in Muncie to schedule your TMD consultation.
Dr. Greg Pyle provides dentistry services for the treatment of TMJ to Muncie and Anderson, IN area patients.